Kitchen stove source of apartment building fire in Onset

Feb 25, 2017
Photo by: Andrea Ray Onset Fire on location at 14 Midway Road

A kitchen stove mishap caused a heavy smoke fire in Onset Saturday afternoon.

The fire broke out shortly after 1 p.m in the lower level of an apartment building at 14 Midway Road. According to police broadcasts, all residents of the building were able to evacuate the building and were examined by Wareham EMS, which was on scene. One occupant of the building was transported by EMS to Tobey Hospital for difficulties relating to smoke inhalation.

Two fire engines were deployed to tackle the fire, and fire hydrants nearby, adjacent to Old Town Road, were utilized. The fire was contained quickly, and the first engine departed around 1:40 p.m.

According to police broadcasts, the source of the smoke and flames was a stove in the first-floor apartment,

No further information is currently available.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.