Chimney fire causes $25,000 in damages to Wareham home

Mar 07, 2017
Photo by: Matthew Bernat A firefighter inspects the roof of a home that caught fire Tuesday afternoon.

A chimney fire that spread to other areas of a two-story home on Brown Street caused $25,000 worth of damage to the home on Tuesday afternoon.

Wareham and Onset firefighters were initially called to a report of a chimney fire and then discovered the fire had moved inside the walls of the home, located at 18 Brown St.

A total of four engines, one ladder truck and 20 firefighters were on scene for three hours working to extinguish the blaze. The fire was reported at 3:47 p.m.

All four residents of the home evacuated safely and no injuries were reported.

According to a press release from the Wareham Fire Department the building suffered “light fire damage.”

Officials said the cause of the fire was accidental and is not under investigation. Carver Fire and Wareham EMS also responded.

(Photo by: Matthew Bernat)
(Photo by: Matthew Bernat)
Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.